- Two-part epoxy wood consolidant hardens rotted wood and protects against future water and wear damage
- Can be used in indoor and outdoor applications, with an application temperature range of 35 to 115 degrees F and a service temperature range of -20 to +200 degrees F
- Low viscosity liquid for filling and sealing gaps deep in the wood grain
- Provides work time of 60 minutes to fully saturate wood
- Can be primed, painted, or stained after it has been cured
PC-Rot Terminator is structural wood hardener designed to strengthen decayed or rotted wood. The mixture is a low viscosity liquid that penetrates porous surfaces filling and sealing voids with an epoxy that cures to a hard but durable component. PC-Rot Terminator is useful for replacement of missing wood fibers or wood resin. PC-Rot Terminator fills the voids in the wood with an elastomer that has strength greater than wood. PC-Rot Terminator acts as a binder that glues the wood fibers together. The wood fibers become much stronger in combination with the epoxy elastomer. PC-Rot Terminator contains 100 percent active ingredients and does not contain solvents which may evaporate and cause shrinkage. The cure rate in the thicker sections is faster than in the thin sections. The greater the temperature, the faster the cure time. PC-Rot Terminator cure can be accelerated using a light bulb or other gentle heat source. The cure rate is halved for every 20 degree F increase. After cure (roughly 24 hours) fill in missing pieces with PC Woody paste epoxy. One unit of 24 ounces will seal 50 to 100 square feet of deck as a sealer. For severely rotted wood, one unit will treat 500 to 2500 cubic inches. The amount of usage depends on the porosity of wood. Damp wood that is heavy with water will not accept the maximum amount of the mixture. PC-Rot Terminator can not displace water in wood. Work time: 60 minutes. Thin film set: 12 Hours. Cure for service: 24 Hours. Maximum cure: 7 Day. Compressive modulus: 230000 psi. Compressive yield strength: 6500 psi. Tensile strength: 4500 psi. Tensile modulus: 210000 psi. Tensile elongation at break: 12 percent. Flexural strength: 9500 psi. Flexural modulus: 300000 psi. Hardness shored: 78. Mar resistance: 1.05 Kg.