- 3M's Advanced Electret Media (AEM) provides a lightweight, easy breathing combination not found in fiberglass containing filters
- Well suited for a wide range of oil and non-oil based particulate contaminants and can be used as a prefilter for certain chemicalexposures
- The 2097 can be used with 3M's wide variety of half and full face piece designs
- Passing NIOSH's P-series test criteria, the 2097 P100 filter provides a minimum 99.97 percent filter efficiency
- The unique flexible filter material resists abrasion and wetting. Filters are flame and water resistant
NIOSH approved for environments containing certain oil and non-oil based particles. 3M recommended for relief against of organic vapours and ozone protection up to 10 times OSHA PEL. Not NIOSH certified for use against ozone. Use with 3M Respirators 5000 Series or 3M Cartridge 6000 Series with 3M Adapter 502, 3M Facepieces 6000 Series or 3M Facepieces 7000 Series with bayonet filter holders. When properly fitted, use in a variety of applications including welding, brazing, torch cutting, metal pouring, soldering, and exposure to lead, asbestos, cadmium, arsenic, and MDA for concentrations up to 10 times the Permissible Exposure Limit (PEL) with half facepieces or 50 times PEL with full facepieces. Full facepieces must be quantitatively fit tested to claim assigned protection factor above 10 in negative pressure mode.Refer to specific provincial regulation for appropriate assigned protection factors for full face respirators. Also offers nuisance level relief from organic vapours that are below the PEL. Nuisance level refers to concentrations not exceeding OSHA PEL or other applicable government occupational exposure limits, whichever is lower. Do not use for respiratory protection against acid gases or in environments that are immediately dangerous to life or health (IDLH).