Newborn 930-GTD Drip-Free Smooth Hex Rod Cradle Caulking Gun with Gator Trigger Comfort Grip, 1/10 Gallon Cartridge, 10:1 Thrust Ratio
- Brand: Newborn Brothers
- Color: Blue
- Manufacturer: Newborn Brothers Co., Inc.
- Model: 930-GTD
- Weight: 100
- Steel half-barrel (also called cradle) frame caulking gun for 1/10-gal. cartridges
- Thrust ratio of 10:1 for use with low viscosity materials
- Smooth pressure rod requires less force and is quieter than a ratchet-style pressure rod
- Rod retracts after each pull of the trigger to help prevent dripping
- Handle and trigger are padded for comfort
- Professional-grade 1/10-gallon drip-free caulk gun
- Thermoplastic comfort grip
- Professional drip-free hex rod
- Includes ladder hook
- All-steel, welded construction
The Newborn 930-GTD Drip-Free Smooth Hex Rod Cradle caulking gun has a steel half-barrel frame that fits 1/10-gal. cartridges and has a 10:1 thrust ratio for use with low viscosity materials such as latex. The smooth pressure rod requires less force and is quieter than a ratchet-style pressure rod. The rod retracts after each pull of the trigger, removing pressure from the tube to help prevent dripping. The handle and trigger are padded for comfort. There is a welded plate in the back for securing the cartridge in place. A seal puncture tool and a spout cutter are built into the side of gun for opening cartridges without a knife, and the hook on the back allows it to hang on a ladder.
Caulking guns, also called caulk or cartridge guns, dispense a controlled flow of products such as caulk, sealants, and adhesives from a tube or cartridge. A manual caulking gun consists of a frame which holds the tube, a trigger, and a rod which moves forward when the trigger is depressed, dispensing the product. Manual caulking guns have a thrust ratio; the higher the thrust ratio, the easier it is to dispense the caulk, sealant, or adhesive. Air-powered or pneumatic caulking guns also have a frame and a trigger, but are used with an air pressure regulator that pushes the product from the tube using air pressure instead of a rod.
Newborn Brothers Company, Inc. manufactures sealant and adhesive dispensers and accessories. The company was founded in 1974 and is headquartered in Jessup, MD.