3M Paint Project Respirator, Medium
- Brand: 3M
- Manufacturer: 3M
- Model: R6211
- Weight: 0.9
- Manufacturer: 3m
Description3M Paint Project Respirator is used for certain paint spraying, solvents and pesticides. Designed for performance and comfort, 3M Paint Project Respirator features a balanced design for a more comfortable fit. The swept back cartridges are positioned to enhance visibility making it easier to see the project you are working on. 3M Paint Project Respirator is a great choice in respiratory protection for the professional.
Use when around solvents, pesticides, and paint; helps protect against certain airborne contaminants.
Includes swept back cartridges for improved visibility
As one of the leading designers and manufacturers of respirators in the world, 3M provides products that address the needs of both workplace, regulated applications and do-it-yourself, non-regulated applications. For workplace uses, employees may be exposed to known concentrations of harmful contaminants for part or all of the workday. In these situations, respirators are intended to help protect the wearer by reducing their exposure to airborne contaminants from a level that may be hazardous to one that is considered safe or acceptable according to government established levels. In addition, home users cannot easily determine exposure levels nor do they have ready access to the type of training medical evaluation and fit testing needed to be in compliance with workplace respirator standards. In these situations, respirators are intended to help keep non-harmful dusts and certain particles out of your nose, mouth and lungs and with some filters help eliminate annoying odors only.
About NIOSH Respirators
This respirator is government approved by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) as an N95 class respirator and is designed for workplace, regulated uses and applications. NIOSH certification means the respirator has passed stringent government performance standards including filtration efficiency testing and provides at least 95% filtration efficiency solid and liquid particles that do not contain oil.
1. Place respirator over mouth and nose, then pull harness over the crown of your head
2. Take bottom straps in both hands, place them in back of your neck, and hook them together.
3. Position face-piece low on the bridge of your nose for optimal visibility and best fit.
4. Adjust top straps first, then lower neck straps by pulling on ends. Do not pull too tight. Strap tension can be decreased by pushing out on back side of buckles. Perform a positive pressure seal check.
Positive Pressure Seal Check
1. Place the palm of your hand over the exhalation valve cover and exhale gently. If face-piece bulges slightly and no air leaks are detected between your face and the face-piece, a proper fit has been obtained
2. If air leakage is detected, reposition respirator on your face and/or readjust tension of the elastic straps to eliminate leakage
3. Repeat above steps until a tight seal is obtained
What's in the box
One 3M respirator face-piece, one pair organic cartridges, two pair pre-filters, one pair filter retainers
Protect your health while working on your DIY project
NIOSH Certification Guide