Leatherman - Super Tool 300 Multitool, Stainless Steel with Leather Sheath (FFP)
Our Price: $79.85
(4.5 stars, based on 607 reviews)
The award-winning, Leatherman Super Tool 300 is the multitool for the working man. Larger pliers are the strongest we've ever produced and the sloped-top handle design means you can maneuver them further into tight spaces. When you're working with gloves on, the large side cutouts make it easy to still grab components and rolled handles make for a comfortable grip. Stranded, hard and regular wire cutters all come standard on Super Tool 300, and because they're removable you can repair or re-sharpen on the spot. 19 tools all ready for your toughest jobs. Super Tool 300 is back from vacation and ready to get to work. Closed Length: 4.5 in (11.5 cm); Weight: 9.6 oz (272.15 g); Primary Blade Length: 3.2 in (8.13 cm).
- Sales Rank: #13645 in Home Improvement
- Size: Leather Sheath
- Color: Stainless Steel
- Brand: Leatherman
- Dimensions: .60 pounds
- FEATURING 19 TOOLS: Needlenose pliers, regular pliers, 154CM replaceable wire cutters, 154CM replaceable hard-wire cutters, stranded-wire cutters, electrical crimper, wire stripper, 420HC knife, 420HC serrated knife, saw, awl w/ thread loop, ruler (9in, 22cm), can opener, bottle opener, wood/metal file, phillips screwdriver, large screwdriver, medium screwdriver, small screwdriver.
- ALL LOCKING FEATURES: All locking features mean that every tool and knife on the body of the handle, with the exception of the plier head, will lock into place. The all locking design enables you to operate individual tools safely and effectively. By locking them into place when fully open, you can put pressure on the implement while safely completing the job, before manually unlocking the tool to stow it away.
- 420HC STAINLESS STEEL: An improved, high-carbon (HC) form of 420 stainless steel that works well with high production tooling. 420HC's strength is optimized in Leatherman multi-tools by heat treatment.
- LANYARD RING: This secure ring is for attaching the tool safely and securely to a lanyard. Often people who work near water or on scaffolding attach their tool to a lanyard on their person to avoid losing the tool if it's dropped.
- LEATHERMAN 25 YEAR GUARANTEE: We take extraordinary measures so your Leatherman product is free from manufacturer's defects and will give you many years of dependable service. If the tool does have a defect, we will gladly repair or replace it, at our discretion. This warranty does not cover sheaths, accessories, imprinting, color finishes, cleaning or sharpening. This warranty covers products purchased through an authorized dealer and proof of purchase from an authorized dealer may be required.
Most helpful customer reviews
11 of 11 people found the following review helpful.
I give it a 6 out of 5
Four years strong and this is still my favorite tool in the box. I'm a mechanical engineering student, and I've used it for virtually every possible application. It's stood up to the task every time. It's been everywhere from the garage, to work, and even to the high sierras. I've used it to cut wood for fires, tighten screws on my laptop, post-process 3d printed objects, cut bailing wire, and in at least 100 other applications. This isn't a wimpy tool. Every tool is full sized, sturdy, and designed to be used. The wire cutters are replaceable for that day I have to chew them up cutting something they aren't designed for. The knife holds an edge better than some of my best dedicated folding knives. The saw makes quick work of branches, plastic parts, and even 2x4's in a pinch. The file is very hard, and has been used on many common plastics and metals without dulling. The screw drivers are full sized and don't slip even under high torque. The can opener is sharp, fast, and has been used dozens of time. The pliers are hefty and hold on strong to whatever it is I'm gripping. Even after all this use, it still folds up tight every time. This tool lives in my backpack day in and day out. I don't believe a better multitool exists, at any price point. 6/5 stars
4 of 4 people found the following review helpful.
Glad this beat the Charge TTi and Wave for my bag
By Cosmic Monkaay
This guy isn't that much bigger or heavier than the Wave or Charge - if you're not carrying in the pocket, this is a better choice for many folks, because it has more useful tools, longer screwdrivers, no bits to deal with, and is light enough in a bag. I returned an OHT because the tools and blades were too short. This one has way more packed into a smaller package (or at least similar). I was debating between this and the Charge TTi, but am glad I went this route...definitely a more usable and sturdier tool.
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful.
Exactly what I wanted, but there is almost always a but...
Leatherman - Super Tool 300 Multi-Tool, Stainless Steel with Leather Sheath (FFP)
This is a tank of a multi-tool. It is very big, bulky and heavy. That is what I wanted though. I am a brute and I do not operate with most delicacy. I can not stress enough about the weight and size. If you are looking for a light weight tool for EDC, Biking, Skateboard, etc; Do not buy this specific multi-tool. If however you are like me and have to park your work truck a good distance from what you are working on (I really hate having to walk back to the truck for only a few simple tools); You may love this tool.
Right out of the box, it does seem this tool can take a good beating. It is too early to tell if the durability is what it should be. Only time will tell. I will definitely update this review based on any issues I have in the future.
Now to why I took two stars off a product that I said was exactly what I was looking for. One of the locking mechanisms that locks your tools in the open position is very loose. I know this is not intentional design as the other lock is very firm and does not rattle at all. If I place my thumb on the lock in question and slide it side to side; It moves freely and with ease (with a clicking sound). The other lock barely moves at all and takes some force to have it move at all. I know this is something that may happen over time due to use and ware. It just annoys me (more than it probably should) that a brand new tool right out of the box is not 100% perfect.