Bellemain Micro-perforated Stainless Steel 5-quart Colander-Dishwasher Safe
(5.0 stars, based on 2478 reviews)
No more watching your spaghetti or rice slip through the holes. No slow or incompletely draining water. No worries about warping, scratching, rusting or tipping over. Whether you're boiling pasta, steaming vegetables or washing fruit, the Bellemain Stainless Steel Colander simply makes your life easier.
Micro Holes Keep Tiny Grains from Falling Through
Less than 1/16" in diameter, the Bellemain's perforations prevent even cooked rice and orzo from going down the drain. And while you might think water would drain more quickly if the holes were larger, actually the opposite is true.
Closely Configured Holes Drain Water Faster
Why does water go through mesh strainers so fast? Because there is less solid surface to slow it down. That's the principle behind the Bellemain's mesh-style perforations. The entire bowl, from the bottom to the rim, is perforated, so there's nowhere for water to get trapped.
Solid Ring Base Won't Tip Over
The problem with colanders that have separate feet is that if one foot lands in the sink drain, the whole bowl tips over. The Bellemain's base is one solid circle of stainless steel that keeps the colander safely level.
Dishwasher Safe, 18/10 Stainless Steel
Every part of the Bellemain is solid, practically indestructible stainless steel, so you can expect many years of trouble-free performance. When you've finished draining your cooked or washed food, just throw it in the dishwasher. What could be easier!
- Sales Rank: #5525 in Kitchen & Housewares
- Color: Silver
- Brand: Bellemain
- Model: SYNCHKG071966
- RICE AND SPAGHETTI WON'T FALL THROUGH THE HOLES: A big improvement over both old-fashioned colanders with gaping holes and mesh colanders. They drain fast and won't clog up with food.
- QUICK DRAINING MICRO-PERFORATIONS: Tiny, closely spaced holes mean your food drains fast without having to tilt the bowl. The stable draining ring base won't tip over and won't leave your food sitting in a puddle.
- RUST-PROOF DISHWASHER SAFE 18/10 STAINLESS STEEL: You'll be impressed with the quality of the heavy duty steel with riveted handles. Designed to stand up to the rigors of a professional kitchen.
- STRAIN EVEN TINY GRAINS AND PASTAS: The holes in this colander are small enough that you can strain most beans, pastas, and grains as well as fruits and vegetables without any worries.
- HEAVY DUTY STEEL TO LAST A LIFETIME: High quality steel for a colander that is thicker and more durable than any colander you've ever had. Easy cleanup - just run it through the dishwasher.
Most helpful customer reviews
265 of 276 people found the following review helpful.
Oh colander. How do I love thee?
By Jesse R. Schuman
Wow does not begin to describe this colander. I have several things in my life that make my life feel complete. My wife and kids, my home , and now this colander. From the way that it is perfectly round to the way it has as many holes as there are stars in the sky, it is truly perfection. When I have something that I need water to be on, but briefly, I go straight to the safe and pull out this colendar. The way the water goes through the holes is truly magical. Thank you Bellemain, for improving my life and making me truly happy. Seriously. Nice colander.
111 of 115 people found the following review helpful.
I see why this colander is a Best Seller
This colander is awesome and I can see why it's a best seller. It's made well but lightweight and small seeds don't go through because the holes are so small. It is perfect for quinoa or even straining homemade broths and soups. As you can see from my photos, it has an elevated stand and large handles. It is stainless and there are no rubber parts or grippers on the handles. It is a good quality strainer that measures approximately 14" x 11" (round) x 5" high. It's new my favorite kitchen gadget and you will love it too!
98 of 102 people found the following review helpful.
Exactly what I needed
By Eve M
Good product. Well made,durable. I have an oval mesh colander that I've used for years and like it, however this colander is much better when making pasta and straining broccoli and other veggies. I have to soap up the mesh colander asap so the starch from pasta doesn't dry or else it is difficult to get off. The Bellemain is perfect for pasta and my other vegetables. It is smooth inside an out and I found no roughness to the colander at all. Cleans up very well. I have used it almost daily and have no complaints to date. I like the size and appreciate the handles to lift. I would recommend it and also to have a mesh colander on hand too.
The first photo is uncooked Quinoa and as stated the holes are too large however I haven't tried any cooked Quinoa to drain.
Uncooked Rice did fall through. The second photo is of uncooked Barley and no problem there an Orzo had no issues either.