Firex Hardwired Smoke Alarm I4618AC
- Brand: Kidde
- Color: Multi
- Manufacturer: Kidde Safety
- Model: 21026063
- Weight: 100
- Easy Installation - Front battery pull tab allows battery activation without removing alarm from mounting bracket. Large mounting base makes mounting easier, protects surface paint from dirt and covers imperfections. Pre-stripped wiring harness with easy off cap does not require stripper tool. Tinned strands increase conductivity and wire nut grip.
- Fewer Callbacks - Large centrally located Test/HushÂ® alarm control button. Dust cover protects sensor from contaminates during construction reducing nuisance alarms.
- User-Friendly Features - Easy access front loading battery door. Battery backup provides protection in case of power failure. Interconnectable with up to 24 devices (of which 18 can be initiating) including smoke, CO and heat alarms. See user's guide for complete instructions.
- Alarm memory flashes red LED indicating which unit was the initiating alarm in interconnected system.
- Tamper resist locking feature deters alarm theft
DescriptionThe Kidde i4618 is an AC/DC powered, ionization smoke alarm that operates on a 120V power source with 9V battery backup. This alarm uses ionization sensing technology. Ionization sensing alarms may detect invisible fire particles (associated with flaming fires) sooner than photoelectric alarms. Photoelectric sensing alarms may detect visible particles (associated with smoldering fires) sooner than ionization alarms. The front-loading battery door allows user to change the battery without removing the alarm from the mounting bracket making battery replacement easy and convenient. This smoke alarm is available in a 6-piece cut case with tray for easy display as well as a 6-piece bulk pack for contractors and property owners. This unit is a UL Listed product with a 5-year limited warranty. Kidde strongly recommends that both ionization and photoelectric smoke alarms be installed to help insure maximum detection of the various types of fire that can occur within the home.
SMOKE ALARM FEATURES• Model ADC features a False Alarm Control which, when activated, quiets unwanted alarms for up to 15 minutes.
• This smoke alarm is powered by 120V AC and a 9-volt battery back-up source. AC/DC smoke alarms offer added protection in the event of a power failure or a drained battery.
• Unique power connector prevents interconnection with incompatible smoke alarms or security systems.
• This smoke alarm may be interconnected with as many as 11 other Firex model FADC, AD and ADC smoke alarms, or as many as 6 Firex model ADH heat alarms for a total of not more than 18 interconnected devices.
• Optional tamper-resist feature can serve as a safeguard against tampering. • Unique “battery missing” lockout. The smoke alarm will not attach to the mounting bracket if a battery is not in the battery pocket.
• Improperly connected or weak battery signal. The smoke alarm will sound a short beep about once a minute if the battery is weak or improperly connected.
• Separate green and red LEDs indicate that the smoke alarm is receiving AC power, working under normal operation, in alarm, or under false alarm control.
• Loud alarm horn—85 decibels at 10 feet—sounds to alert you to an emergency.
• This alarm incorporates the internationally recognized horn signal for evacuation. During alarm mode, the horn produces three short beeps followed by a 2 second pause and then repeats. This pattern is somewhat different than the previous alarm sound, which continually beeped.
• Test button checks smoke alarm operation. Model ADC also features a False Alarm Control which, when activated, quiets unwanted alarms for up to 15 minutes.